Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: BLOODSPORT 13 - TIME WARRIORS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Durandal

Here be a quick castle study.

[attachment=16849]
More sketches :)
Sketches and other stuff. More stuff incoming SOON.

Royugang

Hello Everybody,

Decided to make studies for the hero before i get into full colorization.

Durandal

So are we supposed to put the title in the image or just leave space for it?
^ I am also wondering... i asked before but was kinda ignored.. is there even need for a title? i dont wanna put it tbh.. not good at logos, and dont wanna waste time on that

lucas ps

I guess it would be good... if done right, will help to bring in the context of an RPG book even further
main character
I don't believe it's a requirement guys. I don't recall it being mentioned on the bloodsports link in the first post, and as Dan and Dave have said "if it isn't there, it isn't a requirement."
Think I finished it... Maybe a few more tweaks here and there but its pretty much done...
[Image: 02.jpg]

PTimm

man everyone is kicking some serious ass! here's where im at so far, still not entirely happy with it but oh well

[Image: futureperfect_zps5118a534.jpg]
[Image: ibgcVndzx0POZJ.jpg]
Back to black and white.

dimidevos

still noodling out some designs. kinda like the first one.

[Image: EhiH229.jpg]
Sweet stuff all around guys! Squeezed in a study for this.
[attachment=16938]
Cj_marsh Hey man, glad to see you joining in on this. So for your dino guy there I suggest you probably gather some more reference and maybe do a few more studies before going any further with that pose. The head goes completely the opposite direction which physically probably wouldn't be possible (I know its not with humans). We've discussed wat you're doing with your piece and I still like the idea but try and do some more studies before you jump into it ;)

MikeF Man those thumbnails are sick, that's all I can say

cerkvenik I really like the strong red light you've got in your piece. I think if you crept some of the light in the top right down on the old guy it'd really make him pop out more and make him more of a focus.

durandal Nice study. Next time or when you do your piece (whichever) you should probably lay down a perspective grid first and follow that as a guideline for the castle. The way architecture looks real is through accuracy and your perspective in your study is kinda everywhere. It's always a learning experience though :)

Lumens Fuck you those studies look awesome! and the piece is looking promising too, a little early for me to give any helpful critique so keep it up :)

IgorIV Done already? Damn man I'm way behind -.-

PTimm I like your piece so far man :) You could really embrace that intensity it's got going for it though. The explosion in the back is pretty dark for it being an explosion, brighten that up, make it bigger and more epic, and darken the edges of the figures in the foreground. I seriously think it'll help the piece a lot. Looking at it again I'm not sure if it's just fire or an explosion but either way brighten it up.

Kamiru I'm liking this a lot ;) Also the logo is sexy.

Dimidevos I'm digging those designs a lot man :) Idk which one is my fave, probably top right and top left.

progress and a quick study yay! I decided against the giant floating face in the sky. It just seemed not that popular among people who saw it :p

[Image: b13995bd1384d82d3611739fc31c2873.png]

[Image: e520c6202a9415e98db050b722798df3.png]
Okay SXSW is over here in Austin, got some stuff started for this challenge finally.

working on composition, then I'll move onto the studies as I need them, I'm referencing Frazetta and Brom for shapes and composition queues.

I started the logo too, everything is from today after getting home from SXSW craziness.

The typography on top is from Hydro 74, and the bottom I got from dafont.

[attachment=16940]

[attachment=16941]

[attachment=16942]

cerkvenik

Thanks for the feedback Forrest!
Your illustration is getting awesome! I was peeking at your stream hehe

here´s another update!
[Image: crkvnk_blood5_zpsbac7cecd.jpg:original]
WOW loving the work by everyone so far! Hooray for Bloodsporting! My concept is a Viking is transported to the future on mars, the location of the wizards factory for his intergalactic mutant army. He meets a defective mutant and together team up to blow the facility from the inside! I just thought Vikings on mars sounded bad ass :p
[attachment=16954][attachment=16955][attachment=16956][attachment=16957]

yip-lee

Fwoah, a lot of cool things happening in here!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15