CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP
The 'eldritch abomination rising out of a pool of blood'- pitch is clearly the only acceptable choice this time around! 

After watching the lore summary video and doodling around for a bit I've come up with an idea that might be unique enough to be intersting, while still working in therms of feel...  if I can get the color scheme right, and make the design sufficiently asymetrical and gooey.

Designing bloodbornes protagonist as an ascended old one.
There's a few questions I want to figure out the answers to for the next update. What would a human (chose to?) look like after ascending? Should the Doll still be their companion? Why would they come out of a bloodpool in some ancient dungeon?  Maybe the pool of blood is like a way of going from dream worlds to the real world, and one day, when the New Old One decides to leave the hunters dream for good, they would pass through there into ancient labyrinth under Old Yharnam. Just with that it's already a key frame, but what could be done to make it more impactful? Maybe the next games protagonist could witness the scene, or maybe it could be part of the beginning narration so you could use a non player-perspective angle. I think once I've figured out the circumstances I should be able to make it work.

Some examples of gooeyness and asymetry:

Oh man this is looking creepy aaaaas--! Really getting the feel down pat hey!

Great stuff with the critical thinking - trying to answer these questions will take your storytelling to the next level for sure. I hope you find your answers, because damn 0_0

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
I don't know how you'll take this, but, the character from your second composition looks...

... adorable.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
hehe I kinda agree with John, though It looks great but I think you might want to ''darken'' it up since bloodborne is quite a ''dark'' game.

The joke with that mask was supposed to be that the cutesy animu eyes are fake, and the real eyes are the blushy cheeks to the side, sort of like killer whales have these white spots that make them look way cuter than they have any right to be. I agree though, it just doesn't create the right right kind of mood.

So, I experimented with bodytypes, created more variations on spooky masks, and tried to model some of them on Roms face.

Then I wanted to design a chutuluh monster that's recognizeable as the protagonist from bloodborne, but couldn't stop myself from turning it into something silly...

and I did some doll studies.

The scene I want to depict is already pretty clear to me. The doll is leading a scary-looking nightmare monster out of the hunters dream into the real world. Just from what people know about the game, they should be able to tell that that monster has to be the first games protagonist, so there's no real need for additional visual cues, but if I come up with something that isn't too blatant I'll include it.  I don't know what kind of shot I want to do yet though. Having the doll in the foreground would be more impactful than this kind of sideview, but it would also limit the field of vision a lot, and I'm not sure if the action taking place would still be clear.

Great stuff. Definitely work on more comps for the final. Think cinematically....what would your favourite horror director do? Some cinematics and movie screencap analysis for similar scenes might be useful

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Sorry for just dropping off the face of the earth after making an entry. Some unexpected things happened, and things got a bit overwhelming for a bit. Here's some sketches I made over the course of the month and a somewhat rushed illustration.

Attached Files Image(s)

Shit dude I hope everything's okay, sending love your way <3 <3

It may be "rushed" but I dig this final more than your previous update, I mean bruh, he's bleeding out of his eye holes bleugh :D

I think if you softened the edges of your strokes in the background rocks, moon and sharpened some in the foreground, it'd really boost your pieces dimension

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all