Arch's Book of Stuff
Been a while since studies. I'm going to need to do WAY more of these before I can get them looking any good. These are for the character sketch I posted earlier, as I plan on using that as a means to test a few different methods using only the round brush. The sketch is somewhat nice, so I hope I can pull off the paint. 

More studies. I'm working to find more time for both drawing and painting, although, I'm a bit conflicted on whether I should focus on one or the other in a single day. Round brush is good because it's not as gimmicky as the more complex brushes, and it really makes you think about how you're going to define things. The thing is real good on it's own, but it quite limited in terms of texture, so I use a couple other round variants to work that in.

More daily stuff. Faces are hard and I remember why.

The left study on 462 is great, you can capture so much with so little. :)

crackedskull - Thanks! Balance is a tough thing when it comes to detail.

More stuff. This one was really fun to do. Alexander Mcqueen's work is real great. I'm going to put this stuff to work now before I contract study sickness again. It's too easy to get caught up in constantly doing the same thing everyday, even if it's good for you. 

More value studies. These are fun, but I need to finish other stuff. I've no self control. Haha.

anotha one – I did a face, but ended up disliking it. It was supposed to be focused on costume still, so I did get a little distracted there. This one didn't come out so great because I took less time on the drawing. Drawing is important!

I'll post a WIP later of what I'm working on once I make more discernible progress. I found a really cool brush with wet edges and texture, and it's interesting to use. This is just a quick, rough study focusing on whatever.

Here's the WIP. I've still got a lot of work to do, and I ended up saving the file with my all my character layers merged. Haha. So, I'm definitely committed to it now. I'm working to finish it by the end of the weekend, hopefully! :V

C&C welcome, as always!

I recently finished building a new PC. It was an absolute nightmare working to not break anything while building it (haha), but it's done, and I'll be able to work on larger files now without lag! Since I've been busy setting up the new PC, I've only got this study. I'll be finishing that character soon. :] 

Lighting study this time.

Gotta work more on the character piece now.

Been a while since my last update. I've been getting busy with client work. My time management is really bad, so I don't leave a whole lot of room for personal work. Haha. More stuff to come as I work out a more disciplined schedule to follow.  It'd be really nice to fit more work into the day. :'D

Been really busy, but I was able to do a study. I'll post some of the client work I've been doing if I get the OK, maybe. The funny thing is that I've still got plenty of time for personal work, but I'm so terrible in my procrastination that it leaves me unable to fit anything in. Hah. I'd like to get back to posting more, though! I really miss CD.

Being busy, yea I hear that. But nice to see some posts from you still, been really absent myself.
Still keeping them characters coming, studies and personal, sweet to behold.
Dig the value one, feel like it will help you a lot. Nailing that value separation like that really helps.

Find that hard myself sometimes peronally when rendering away in grayscale, it's like im working with clay: There are shapes there but the entire form has the same, or similar value.