Allenthelost's Sketchbook
Hey there! :---))Lots of cool character concepts here, I love all of them. I'm also enjoying the faces, the style kinda reminds me of C. Bedford a bit. 
You tend to paint hair with very thin strokes, which doesn't really add to the realism. Always start with the big shapes, and try studying Leyendecker's work, the way he simplifies hair is quite interesting and has definitely helped me in a lot of ways. And keep them drawings coming !
Just want to thank Vennsomn for the comment they gave me! I checked out the artists you told me about and I got new inspiration source now :D

Attached Files Image(s)

I've started to stream a lot more recently, had a blast today since I talked about doctor who, critical role and other stuff with the peps whom were watching! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I drew these sketches during a stream where I decided that "hey doing like 1 shot for each sketch is a great idea"
So you can see by sketch number 1, I had already done like 4 shots. and then it kinda escalated.

Attached Files Image(s)

the sketch on the left was done by my left hand, and the one on the right done by my right hand.

Attached Files Image(s)

I've also gotten really into HyperRPG's Shadowrun stream. love it to bits plus it helps me understand how to play it a bit better myself since I have a roleplaying meeting every sunday (and my group is all new to playing Tabletop Shadowrun)

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Anya_tatarocard.png]I've also been drawing my Shadowrun character quite a lot. just to get the feel of the character and stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

here's some more random sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Averyn_background_story.png][Image: Averyn_Tarocard75_procent_divine.png]some stuff I've done for another character of mine. this time it's D&D.

Attached Files Image(s)

more sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

trying to figure out my own art a bit as well as how I "tick". it's difficult but what isn't.
What i've basically discovered is most important with me is that if I start doing lineart instead of working on the sketch everything starts to look more "dead."
So basically this means that I'm just going to either start of with the messiest fucking sketch ever and then work ontop of that OR I do a weird combo which means that the finished product still looks messy... but I like the process of making said mess....

Figuring stuff out is hard guys. But also important.

Attached Files Image(s)

some studies. Started of with super messy sketches but polished them.
I like to do stuff this way, I will keep on trying it out more. Still there's an obvious appeal to doing lineart which I've discovered while I was doing the Tarot-cards, so obviously I can switch between the two processes. 

Since after I'm the artist, I may use whichever process that works at the time, currently this one works best.

Attached Files Image(s)

tried this out... and it's not really that good. I eyeballed the "colours" as well so the values are wrong and stuff. I'm gonna try it out but with a smaller area next time, think I took on to much to soon. Believe if I start smaller the result will be somewhat better, that way I can work my way up!

Attached Files Image(s)

some more stuff.

Attached Files Image(s)

a character I've been working on for a D&D campaign I've been working on a bit on and off.

Attached Files Image(s)

trying out something that I basically always do traditionally when I use fineliners. and funny enough it seems like the thing I do (which is outlining the drawing and then later go into detail with a smaller sized brush) Can work pretty alright when I do it digitally as well. gives it another flavor that I think might work for my favor.

Attached Files Image(s)

been a while since I posted anything here, mainly because I'm currently studying 2D grafiks involving gaming design!
here's one of my assigments.

Attached Files Image(s)

currently in school and this was one of my assignments. 
[Image: pie-sad.png][Image: pie-happy.png][Image: pie_side.png][Image: pie_front.png]

Been a while, managed to get my hands on an ipad so I’ll hopefully from now on post stuff I make on my ipad to this site.

Nice balance of detail in this image: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...maller.png
And excellent expressions in the top left corner of this: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...maller.png
Are you doing stories?
I'd recommend doing a lot of fast posture sketches (less than a minute each) to improve your sense of body attitude.