Allenthelost's Sketchbook
Hey! Nice studies!!! Why don't you try to leave your confort zone doing those bust drawings. Try some drawing fundamentals studies, here you can find a really good website to help you out: https://drawabox.com/

Ernest Norling, Perspective Made Easy is really good to get you started on perspective.
(10-24-2019, 08:57 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: Nice balance of detail in this image: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...maller.png
And excellent expressions in the top left corner of this: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...maller.png
Are you doing stories?
I'd recommend doing a lot of fast posture sketches (less than a minute each) to improve your sense of body attitude.

I draw a lot of stuff involving DnD and other RPs that I'm involved in, so in a way I'm doing some kind of stories! :D

Thank you for the tip! I will do that, been meaning to get back into the groove of studies and such! :)

(10-26-2019, 12:57 AM)Matheus Chastinet Wrote: Hey! Nice studies!!! Why don't you try to leave your confort zone doing those bust drawings. Try some drawing fundamentals studies, here you can find a really good website to help you out: https://drawabox.com/

Ernest Norling, Perspective Made Easy is really good to get you started on perspective.

Thank you! yes I've been meaning to do more stuff outside of my comfort zone (which you did hit the nail on the head of what it is x,)   ) but been busy with a lot of UNI stuff recently. But thank you for the site and your recommendation with Ernest Norling! I will definitely check it out! I've felt a feeling of becoming more "stale" when it comes to art so any suggestion are heavily appreciated so thank you! :>

A quick study before bed, I need to shorten the ime I get per pose on the site I used, but I will try to do this at least once a day, if only for a few minutes.

Starting off the day with a bunch of 45sec poses!

I think you should simplify your line to describe movement rather than form in such a short time.I suggest researching glen vilppu he as an interesting approch to gesture.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-26-2019, 11:06 PM)darktiste Wrote: I think you should simplify your line to describe movement rather than form in such a short time.I suggest researching glen vilppu he as an interesting approch to gesture.

I'll take him a look and do another couple of poses with less lines! thank you :>

Tried 30 sec this time, a lot more simpler lines going on here.

Have you heard about the CSI gesture technique?

My Sketchbook
(10-27-2019, 02:51 AM)darktiste Wrote: Have you heard about the CSI gesture technique?

when I searched on it I got a proko video, so kind off, I'm going to check out the video to understand it better!
Thanks for the mention tho!
:)

Last thing before bed.

(10-27-2019, 12:43 PM)allenthelost Wrote: Last thing before bed.

Pause everything your doing and invest sometime digging through this pill of treasure.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html

My Sketchbook
I play a lot of dnd! So this scene is basically a buddys character that literally teleported  on top of my character making it so she fell onto the ground against an anvil that was there.
All the others  characters are surprised to see someone just appear out of nowhere.

I decided to colour in the characters with separated colours to get a good grip of what their silhouette looked like.

No bucket option on this program?If you get one you can save alot of time by just doing the outline and filling inside the outline with a solid flat color.

My Sketchbook
(10-29-2019, 07:31 PM)darktiste Wrote: No bucket option on this program?If you get one you can save alot of time by just doing the outline and filling inside the outline with a solid flat color.

Yes there's a bucket option in this program,  I made the decision to just fill in the sketches with a colour in the background later on after I had already finished the sketches to see what I thought of the silhouette, it barley took anytime what so ever lol

did some lineart over the sketch!

Some uni work, might as well upload this too.

I think you should think more about visual hierarchy in your post #96 one character as much more visual weight than the rest sometime it deliberate but in this case i find the balance to be kinda extreme.Of course visual noise tend to decrease as object are further in distance.Try to simplify your line making to be descriptive but not be to visually heavy.For example practice making a texture with the least amount of line you can and still make it read as the intended texture.When reach the texturing phase try to draw low amount of texture on each character at first and than increase the texture for the object that are near the viewer if you want to catch the eye you can still use value to create visual weight by using contrast.

Last thing is try to add a floor to your scene to anchor them in 3d space it will add an other level of believability and floor are one of the best thing to practice the concept of texture decreasing into the distance.

Here a small sample of taken out of Dynamic bible from peter han.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Was a while ago since I spent some time to just study hands and draw, been using them as just plain reference before, but it’s been a while since I just took some time for once to just study.

wasup allen, it seems you have a lot of mileage already, i think you have an idea of an appealing style, i think youd benefit a lot from studying artists with a different shape language to your own, or at least a more refined one, like leyendecker for example. that, or some longer more sustained studies of a subject matter, like really drilling into how to draw and render a hand with all its planes in tact, showing a complete understanding of form. 

I think your characters in the dragon sketch above are cool, but their poses are very stiff and i feel theres some story in the picture but i cant tell what it is. i guess the characters are afraid of the dragon? His pose isnt very aggressive, it kinda looks like he wants a hug but just has a neutral dragon expression. Theres a lot of angles one could play with to show the hostility, like making him dramatically bigger and more intimidating than the others. that and you are showing the characters all "cheating out" facing the audience, when you know, you are an artist and you can show the back of their head, and if they have those features we expect from them, they will still read as that character ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]