BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
Finally got an idea I'm interested in working on!

Attached are some mood boards and a first sketch of the golem and a shitty quick sketch of the sorcerer too :p

Idea is of a coral/seashell golem brought to life and controlled by a pearl which is it's core... Similar to some of the pirates from the 2nd pirates of the Caribbean movie (collage of sea crap), except I'm hoping that I can take it a different route and get a somewhat gentle, beautiful sort of feeling for it to match the sorceress character that I have in mind :)

Critiques and any ideas all welcomed!!

Oh man so many insanely awesome ideas :)

The theme of this bs is so awesome-i just had to do something!

Intorducing Branimir-the bird master

Insanity borrowed from Laurie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZpphITFM4

Trying to get some ideas doing character sketches

[Image: 1hxADqL.jpg]
Just doing some action poses. Still don't know which one to choose, or even if I like any of these. Ah...

[Image: 901868_10200634776939360_1531678756_o.jpg]Okay i think i have a solid idea now that i can work towards. It may not be the best but this is my FIRST Bloodsports event so im just in it for the fun here and to enjoy working alongside everyone else, i love the community here. So anyways my ideas here is a Dwarven Sorcerer who has been left stranded after the whole dwarven kingdom was taken down by a savage enemy ( dont know but it doesnt matter ). He takes off on his own somewhat vulnerable as 1 and so he summons a Golem for protection. The Golem im thinking will either be an earth golem because of the dwarf and the dirt underground relationship or it will be a steel or molten rock golem because of the connection between dwarfs and mining.

Hope you all like my idea. I have a few more ideas to explore too so lets see how this goes.

Thanks ! Good luck Everyone !

-Sam
Some sketches of the mage I'm developing

The golem will be a forest elemental made of wood and leaves

[Image: 554895_10200634909142665_980674713_n.jpg]

Okay so first Bloodsports for me, here we go.

Just making some thumbnails for the dwarf, rough ideas. Will render this out a little bit more and then take some through to develop so that i can add something to him that will connect him to the golem and make that bridge between them. Im thinking of lots of rocks and different things that are interesting to add so that the dwarf will be interesting looking and not too cliche.

Thanks !
-Sam

(04-09-2013, 03:28 AM)Jamesxwu Wrote: Some sketches of the mage I'm developing

The golem will be a forest elemental made of wood and leaves

This are so nice dude !! Well done ! :)
Hey guys,

I have seen here some great and wonderful ideas. Keep it up guys Wink

Idea for this Bloodsport is so great I had to participate, and Wes Burt will be here to say word or two. This is must for me.

So, with little bit of thinking I decided to go with ape like sorcerer. Pics below are body, face and hair designs. I have not decided yet for which kind of body, face or hair I will go with. Hmm, maybe I will do some more designs.

And of course I need to do some clothing designs.

That's it from me for now. Thanks Insane, ecstatic

(04-09-2013, 05:20 AM)DarioJ. Wrote: Hey guys,

I have seen here some great and wonderful ideas. Keep it up guys Wink

Idea for this Bloodsport is so great I had to participate, and Wes Burt will be here to say word or two. This is must for me.

So, with little bit of thinking I decided to go with ape like sorcerer. Pics below are body, face and hair designs. I have not decided yet for which kind of body, face or hair I will go with. Hmm, maybe I will do some more designs.

And of course I need to do some clothing designs.

That's it from me for now. Thanks Insane, ecstatic

WOW !! Can i just say that this is such an awesome idea you have sir, and your work so far on it is awesome !! wow inspiring !
Great job everyone. Cool start! Here are my studies. Some different golem ideas, then I finally went with a wolf. And now it's a zombie/ghost wolf that use to belong to a warrior who died in the final battle of a war. I'll post some more sketches of the actual warrior later.

[Image: Zombie_Wolf_April_8_2013.png]
[Image: wolf_armor_April_8_2013.png]
[Image: Quick_Sketches_April_8_2013.png]

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Here's a small update on my character. I think I'm going to name her Fo and the golem will be Orest, I am that good with names XD
Anyway, here are some sketches and a very quick and messy experience with colours, there's still quite a bit more to develop.
She looks a bit like medusa XD although those are actually branches..I'm not sure if everyone can pick that up...I'm hoping that that's somewhat recognizable, if not, tell me!
I already have ideas for the golem but I haven't sketched them yet.

I noticed someone else is doing a forest themed sorceress too and that's actually pretty cool since I'm sure they will be pretty different :D

Hello everyone, this is my first post with my starting ideas.

I'll gonna do a Magnetite/Lodstone golem and sorcerer. The stone is dark but with a metallic shine/specular. So my character is magnetic, but not eletric...

here is some thumbs and test on the Golem design

I'm gonna work a bit more on the character now
Hey all. So, im in the process of scanning my pencil sketches but I figure I'd toss what i have so far up here.

Im going for undead necromancer meets old time diving suit, rusty and barnacled and stuff, for the summoner, pretty stoked with the idea. The Golem's made up of whale corpses and other assorted bits of ocean life.

So, made some mood boards

and a diving helmet study, though I may not have landed on design, studies all of the time

Here are some thumbnails and sketches of the golem. Now onto the summoner.

[Image: 892370_10200635935768330_1778981655_o.jpg]

These are my completed very rough thumbnails for the bloodsports.

As you can see im going for a dwarven mage who summons an earth walker golem.. i think not sure what element i want yet for the golem ! :D

hope you like em ! gonna narrow them down now to develop !

-Sam
Hey all great work already!. This is a question for Dan or anyone who knows, but I have seen a few creatures in this thread. According to the definition aren't golems supposed to be derived from inanimate matter or objects? Or is the brief loose even on the definition of golem. Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page :) Thanks!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hi all, lovely work so far!

As it seems most golems are typically large and hulking characters I decided to flip it a bit and create one which has a somewhat smaller stature. He is made up of all the bits that get stuck in the carpet and ignored by the bigger folk. The sorcerer will be of the same ilk, more on him/her tomorrow.

Settled on this composition. Going to look for some lighting reference and start building up the final - lots of things to iron out my process is sort of all over the place - something I'm working on.

[Image: clMIse9.jpg]
(04-09-2013, 07:56 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Hey all great work already!. This is a question for Dan or anyone who knows, but I have seen a few creatures in this thread. According to the definition aren't golems supposed to be derived from inanimate matter or objects? Or is the brief loose even on the definition of golem. Just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page :) Thanks!

I agree with you! All the work already look nice :D
Edited here : to be confirmed, the Golems has be inanimate matter which is held together by magic.
So much great work already! I feel so inspired, I got my 4 favourite designs worked out a bit more, a futuristic sci-f one who has a crystal golem and a desert one with a glass golem, I still haven't decided which one I like best yet, I guess it call comes down to which golem looks less crap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)