The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Thanks Neo!

I'm a little confused on what to do with the portraits, are you referring to just the last one or both that one and the one before?.
I agree the last one was too soft though I've revised it a bit and think it looks a bit better, but i'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to balance the edges and soft area's, the portrait before that is a good example, I primarily used the hard brush for that and I was told it was too rough and rock like(which it is) but I softened it down a lot after that, i'm not sure if it's too much though.

As for the form shapes I think the issue might be more with how i'm spacing them out, i haven't been keeping the contrast in mind when spacing them between each other the ones farther away need to be less contrasted and the ones closer more. Like these ones http://img10.deviantart.net/1123/i/2015/...8pjiq0.jpg
I did another set of studies though I only figured out what the issue might be halfway, gonna do another one properly this time.

Also trying to draw 100 rib cages. These are from the proko 3d model not from imagination.

And I was advised by proko after giving in my other rib cages for critique, to try doing cylinder and organic cylinder studies like these, i'm gonna be doing these 15 mins a day as a warmup before I do any traditional work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 01-11-2017, 12:03 AM