The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
KvSketch: thanks for the crit, yeah I've been having trouble with that for a while, thing is i'm trying to not overdo it since skin isn't that reflective with highlights but shadow wise I should probably go darker.
I'm not sure what I should do about the light contrast on this new piece though, since this is more cartoony and it's set out in the middle of the day with a lot of reflective light.
But yeah I'll try doing a hard light still life and I'll do some more form studies as well.

Artloader: Cheers dude, yeaaah I know the perspective is completely fucked now..thing is I originally planned to have her be sideways on the final piece but I didn't think what I was doing through and put the vp line the wrong way so that it's cutting through her head horizontally as if she's just sitting normally.
So that blew up that plan in flames but I also didn't give much thought to what i was gonna do with the background while working on the figure, basically was focusing so much on just trying to get step 1 right that I forgot steps 2-4 lol. I've redid the background but the perspective is still wonky on the big building where her head is gonna need to redraw it after that I think it'll be mostly fine...
Basic lesson here is I need to draw some goddamn thumbnails next time and plan XD.

Also I hope I'll be a pelvis master by the end of these, drawing these are tough as hell and i'm only just getting a grasp on it now after the what? 2 years it's been since that proko video released xD, i'm taking a short break from them now as I sent off the first 25 to be critiqued by Proko hopefully that help me with them.

Ok so I started doing a bunch of proko bean studies, didn't realize just how bad I was at these, twisting forms especially are something i'm struggling to grasp more so what side to put the stretch though I think i'm starting to get it, i'm gonna try and do a good 30 mins- hour of these a day for a little while.

And more work on gravity rush, redid the background though I need to change the perspective on that top building, I lost the vp point layer! so gonna have to make a rough estimate of where that was XD.
Also not sure how to paint the foreground, part of me wants to keep the lineart intact I've seen a lot of artists pull off using lineart and paint without resorting to cell shading but i'm not sure how to approach it plus my linework is not exactly the best either so I might redo it though that could take more time then it's worth.. I'm gonna do some cushart krenz studies he seems to use line work in his paintings but paints over parts of it, http://orig02.deviantart.net/afab/f/2017...att9zq.jpg i'm not good at studying art like this but we'll see if I pick up on anything.

Anyway I'll try and get more work on this done tonight, Ciao.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 02-20-2017, 08:55 PM