The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Darktiste long time since i've seen you around!.
That is true, I was mainly focusing on the not working part though, I find myself memorizing the drawing but not the main issue behind why it went wrong, I tried to memorize a lot of proko stuff and it didn't really help, same for the old loomis days I memorized the crap out of that book and it hardly helped me make a dent in figuring out figure drawing.

I find constructional drawing and analyzing where I went wrong and how to fix it much more useful then just memorizing the image.

That being said you are correct there are plenty of ways to memorize something, I might just be doing it in a fashion not good for me, so i'll have to think over other methods.

I think a good example of this is in observational drawing, for me classic observational drawing just wears me out and due to arm issues just hurts when measuring with the pen.
Then someone on the discord channel posted this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJO1LnjXpA it works much better for me and i've been doing it more or less daily to train my eye.

Not sure what you're talking about with the critiques? if you mean the response to Fedodika's suggestion I mean no offense by it, I love and really do appreciate it when people give me crits but I don't always agree with the methods suggested.

As for visual library yeah I know that, I use ref constantly and study from it when needed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 11-28-2017, 06:35 AM