Please help me finalize this illustration.
There is no connection i feel toward the piece it a bit like piece where character look into the distance. The character are nothing but placeholder. We do not learn anything particular of use about the backstory maybe apart from the paladin costume. The cave setting doesn't come out right away because if it a cave why would there be tree in it... not impossible but confusing.

The naga figure is confusing also the green hue of is body just add an other layer of confusion he look like a statue. Remember to consider the color you put around a subject matter they can affect the readability maybe he want to be grey and green to hide in is environment that not up to me to say but does it help the story that where i need to question it.

Now that i take a moment i can see the naga body wrap around the trunk but it goes out the frame to enter the frame a little below i don't like that at all .I suggest to instead create a clear rhythm that stay inside the frame for the eye to follow i would say otherwise it almost look like the body is part of the tree.

What i would suggest instead of the naga being below is to making him above the paladin i would have the paladin sit on the stair looking up toward the naga which who would hang from the tree.A bit like a scene from the bible where the serpent is in the tree.

The problem right now is that it almost like an ambush vibe we get out of this one the other character is distracted giving no attention to the naga.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help me finalize this illustration. - by darktiste - 01-27-2024, 03:30 AM