help finishing a small illustration (and or general critique)
(02-28-2024, 07:09 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Do you have a reference for like what kind of rendering you would want to achieve that you feel like yours falls short of? Because with super stylized work it's pretty hard to say how it should be without knowing that intention.

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is that I'm not sure if the arms are another person's hands that are like going to grab the guy, or if they are his own arms. Just because without more context you assume they are his arms yet they are a different color, and the left one appears behind the body.

They are another person's, If it's not clear i could probably do to clarify a bit more? :) In the context of the scene, It's sort of a non literal dreamy thing where he's getting grabbed at from below by disembodied limbs so the logistics are a bit odd for that reason lol. I guess like somewhat rough and heavily textured is the main goal here? I think part of why it feels like it seems like kinda unfinished is there's not really enough detail or definition in the forms, but i find it difficult to apply that to the kind of style I normally take up (probably partly just because I'm somewhat unpracticed in that regard.) I appreciate the feedback on the arm's though, and i hope that my admittedly vague explanation helped at all lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help finishing a small illustration (and or general critique) - by coolionotpolio - 02-28-2024, 09:22 AM