Leg Muscles Study
It natural to learn from a 2d approch to a 3d approch it just can be hard to stop operating in a 2d manner when it drill into you and then 3d certainly require more brain capacity you are no longer just peeking and translating your visualizing your deconstructing your memorizing rule.

If you work feel stiff you just need to compensate with adding some gesture drawing to the mix.Gesture is just a bit abstract when you don't understand how the body counter balance itself my advise is to look at dancer because they have exaggerated movement it help you visualize how they balance there weight they are not the best example to start learning gesture they are way to expressive and complex but the idea is to go from stiff pose to expressive pose and the idea is also that it was an example to visualize a visual concept.

If it wasn't already hard enough to think of the body in a 3d manner you now have to visualize those organic shape twisting and bending.That intimidating as i said baby step.

As JosephCow put it the way to go from copying to analytic is to think of the body as primary form.I would say that almost correct but i would say drawing shape as if they are transparent is better to learn to truely visualize and rotate object in space.If you just think of the form as a 2d shape even if it inside a 3d space your not really think 3d your relying on the reference way more then you think.But if you can draw let say a foot and be able to visualize it as if it was a see throught material you actually understand the volume not the ''2D symbol''

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
Leg Muscles Study - by Flying Ball - 04-18-2024, 02:24 PM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by JosephCow - 04-20-2024, 06:07 AM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by darktiste - 04-20-2024, 06:26 PM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by JosephCow - 04-20-2024, 11:19 PM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by Flying Ball - 05-08-2024, 08:11 AM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by JosephCow - 05-09-2024, 04:12 AM
RE: Leg Muscles Study - by darktiste - 05-09-2024, 04:51 AM