Trying to emulate a style
Ask yourself what is it in that specific fundamental that you want to improve you say you like the color.But how does it help someone help you... they dont know your taste your not telling them what you like about those color choose.Your not thinking about it really it your responsability to be aware of your taste or else you get into the constent art block because you dont make solid effort to describe the direction your going to follow in your study.

Fundamental are compose of many principle but you cant seem to dissect the micro detail of that fundamental like let say you want to improve linework yes that a fundamental you want to improve but that the title of the fundamental you should be able to describe what your doing wrong and what you want to improve if you aware of something being weak how can you be aware yet fail to be able to describe that weaknest... that a problem of art vocabulary not having a solid graps on the way to formulate question it ok to be good at asking question but you also need an ability to describe what you see otherwise you rely on the question when you already have the anwers but it just vapor to you because you dont understand the concept that are related to your solution.

Just demanding any advise will being vague is only by chance going to address your goal.Because what your doing is in essense asking for the wrong answers by being vague will not looking for quality in the critic you are fishing for.But if you can describe and use art vocabulary you almost get the answers the moment you ask the question.

Leaking the vocabulary that help you describe what direction your trying to articulate. Even if i ask you to share what i believe to be your taste i can be a mile away from what you have in mind for example you say her face is to cute... how could someone know that... it why just being able to articulate your taste and the aspect of what you like help you get closer to your goal.So eveytime you will ask for a critic try your best to formulate specific demand.But also trust that if you have a strong vocabulary you can mprove those fundamental without being to reliant on critic.Because when you have the vocabulary you can make quick internet research and find the answers pretty quickly but it not necessarly easy to know right from wrong even when you see it.

Here something that would be better i like the color because x y z... just asking the question give you hint to where to go.This is why formulating question is almost more powerful then a critic by itself. Because it generate a direction to your problem solving process.

Spelling what we like is magic it create the frame for how thing will shape up.Atleast if you are specific you have a sharper direction.

I would personally not describe what you shown to be traditional that why vocabulary is important also because it can be confusing.You would not say abstract art is realism.What you share is digital art it certainly not drawn in a traditional way maybe it a fusion process like scanning a drawing and they clean it digitally but when it not a photo of a drawing it pretty safe to say it probably digital art.You can tell what is traditional and what is digital by the quality of a color by it saturation anyways i know you need to evolve your voculary so i want to try to be brief and avoid making to many different angle to what i am saying.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
Trying to emulate a style - by Geffron - 05-20-2024, 12:29 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by darktiste - 05-20-2024, 01:46 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by Geffron - 05-20-2024, 01:51 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by darktiste - 05-20-2024, 02:55 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by Geffron - 05-20-2024, 04:27 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by Geffron - 05-20-2024, 04:35 PM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by darktiste - 05-21-2024, 04:59 AM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by Geffron - 05-21-2024, 09:54 AM
RE: Trying to emulate a style - by darktiste - 05-21-2024, 10:48 AM