TrashPandas_Sketchbook_Journey to Greed Island
What do you mean by : Im not ready yet to simply sketch spheres and divide it
to construct the base for faces based on the loomis method.

So why are you getting bug done with face with full detail it seem your priority are out of order.Measuring and basic shape are building block that support the detail not the other way around.

Also one thing when your drawing face i know it sound stupid but make the face yourself this way you can feel what muscle are activated will you hold the facial expression also redo the expression like 5 time in real life from relax to fully committed this way you can feel the muscle activate better because your isolating them by being conscious of what you feel is moving but i think expression should not be your focus right now you want thing that feel neutral right now atleast in the reference you can once you master the construction tweak that base with much more ease.You can start with men as we have shaper feature generally speaking and work your way toward female/baby/elderly people who have more organic form.

So that loomis head is really where it at right now in as many orientation as possible.If it portrait day.Longer study can wait it serve nothing to commit to much if you can spot something is already breaking down.It important to stop yourself and acess if it worth continuing a drawing or if a new one would be less time consuming.

Also a problem that i see with having specific day for specific subject matter is that you have to wait 1 week to apply feed back that not necessary helping give weight to the critic because your not applying the critic right away so your basically giving it less importance by delaying it for later that at least how i see it. It sure help to balance your fundamental but it come at a cost i think where it slower to apply feedback. So what i suggest you do is like 1 day of practice and like half a day of applying feedback to new drawing or reworking aspect if your working on longer study.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrashPandas_Sketchbook_Journey to Greed Island - by darktiste - 05-28-2024, 09:34 AM