(One day) Hot girls and appealing characters
Here's one blog post for you: http://babelab.blogspot.com/2010/03/firs...varga.html

There's lots of stuff out there about drawing idealized faces and figures. If you look up drawing tutorials about drawing heads and faces from imagination the artist will usually mention these idealized proportions. You can also look up actors and actresses who are generally considered very attractive and see how their faces are proportioned.

Looking at your sketchbook so far, though, the thing I think is missing is some serious accuracy training. Like meticulously measuring things out and training your eye. You can measure with your pencil, a proportional divider, or a grid. I think they all lead to the same place, because they all force you to confront the inaccuracies in your drawings and you will learn to be more observant.

Most people haven't heard of a proportional divider but it's useful if you want to draw something slightly larger/smaller:

I see you are doing construction drawing, and that's great too. Keep doing that as well. Add some measuring in there and get both going, and you'll see your skills start to improve more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (One day) Hot girls and appealing characters - by ThereIsNoJustice - 06-14-2024, 04:49 PM