(One day) Hot girls and appealing characters
(07-01-2024, 09:45 AM)darktiste Wrote: Why is there no reference in here your drawing anatomy. I know you might want to keep this sketchbook short but we don't know what material your using and if it useable for study. We don't know if your doing invention or study of real subject matter.

That is okay, you don't have to.
I was learning the biggest muscle-groups, since when you don't know what those muscles are, you can not make figures that look correct and also could never stylize anything.
It is just basic knowledge that is necessary.

Quote:those mannequin should be a good start to help you study proportion and give a sense of solidity to your form
you can also add a box around the figure

I might mix in some boxes here and there and put figures into them.
How to set up the ground plane of the box the person stands in would be a good info.

(07-02-2024, 08:48 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: I think you've got the right idea with your anatomy studies. Only thing I would say is to make sure you do some larger drawings, too.

Thanks, yes, I think so too.

I not only want to make characters, but also put them into a scenery.
The first "piece" that I want to make will be a large, empty graslands-landscape filling the whole area towards the horizon.

I have some photos here and also an Artwork by another artist, that I found and that has the kind of "energy" I am intending. (of course my characters would be different and do something else, and mine will not have a walking house in it. But the scenery gives off that kind of feeling and the level of the artwork is all-in-all good.)

So I just made first attempts of thumbnails based on those inspirations:

What I noticed already, is, that it is beneficial to make the horizon line low, because the more you see the sky in your picture, the more it gives the feeling of vastness and "openess" of that world.
If you make big mountains without the sky be seen much, then it looks like being caught and locked up.

And then I was playing around with simple shapes of female bodies, a first bit with clothing (very brief)
and now I am trying to make the figures as simple as possible, so that it is reeally simple and quick to set them up.
For that I was now trying out the famous so-called beanshape plus cylinders for the arms and legs, as a basis for figures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (One day) Hot girls and appealing characters - by Pensword - 07-08-2024, 06:32 AM