Having trouble finalizing!
(11-24-2012, 01:46 PM)monkeybread Wrote: Hey Fei Ou,
I hear you about speedpainting destroying your desire to render. I used to do tons as well and making the transition to the final render always was hard. The trick is really to push yourself to finish off something to an adequate quality. As a way of retraining yourself maybe do some studies of relatively highly rendered images and don't stop until they have the same level of detail.

With this piece I really like the overall comp and where you're going. This kinda reminds me of Frazetta in content and presentation so why not look at some of his stuff and see if that sparks off some ideas on setting and give you a desire to finish it.
I think your work is pretty cut out for you man, you've started refining the girl, so it seems obvious to just crack on with doing the same all over the place. You've already picked a general silhouette for the dude, just start throwing in some values to render the form, then just slowly pick away at it and keep refining. In terms of the comp it is good but very centred. I had a thought that you could maybe use a strong upside down triangle (point ending at her face) utilising some shape in the background to drive the comp a bit more.

So just throw in some value and shape in the background to flesh all that out a bit, then keep refining. Always work from large to small and leave the fun bits (reflections, highlights, lighting accents or whatever gets you going) towards the end as a reward to end off on :)

Perhaps an ass kicking would help, so if you don't post an update on this in a few days, I'll kick your ass on this post? Get to it.

Yes sir.

Messages In This Thread
Having trouble finalizing! - by Fei Ou - 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Having trouble finalizing! - by Amit Dutta - 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: Having trouble finalizing! - by Fei Ou - 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: Having trouble finalizing! - by Fei Ou - 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Having trouble finalizing! - by Amit Dutta - 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: Having trouble finalizing! - by Fei Ou - 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM