Character WIP
Don't apologize! This is great how much you prepared for your art. You can be proud!

I love your sketches there were so full of live and energy. I don't know what happened with it later, cuz final pose is stiff and even. Instead of pushing and exaggerating it more it come out flat. I'm guessing that you get lost in details forgetting about overall silhouette. He looks more like standing on his straight leg instead of jumping.
Think about forces working on the character, besides falling down he is also twisting his body (I draw arrow indicating this) hairs and cloth folds will be continuing this directions. And here is the place to push his pose more. Twist more.
I hate backgrounds too :) I love that you organize values in this way that his lighter part is on dark sky and dark pants on lighter bg! This helps a lot in reading character. But I think you could totally crop him. this bg brings nothing to the story and even make it less dynamic. Maybe with 3point perspective and more diagonal lines it could work but the way it is now is just static.
With colors you have to use more hues. You have some reflected yellow light on his blouse, but pants are just flat green, and I don't event want to mention skin :D You can't pick one color for light and draw it on whole body evenly. Also if you plan to add some light effects like on the bracelet, include it immediately, this will change how his face is illuminated and with what color. You will not achieve this effect by just adding some "hard light" layer with green at the end.

Your work methodology with sketches and color thumbs is really good, keep it this way and learn from it. :)

Messages In This Thread
Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-06-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Character WIP - by Madzia - 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-07-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Character WIP - by DoubleThink - 04-09-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Character WIP - by meat - 04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-13-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Character WIP - by meat - 04-17-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 04-27-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: Character WIP - by Pictomancer - 05-18-2014, 05:40 AM