New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor!
[Image: B2PaLnQ.png]

Here are some more preview images. These are inspired by trying to make something that would help the two tone scenes Astrapho(User on another forum) has been painting.

This is also a great example of the new fake HDR system I'm using for the preview images. I managed to work out how to use multiple images, to extend the range of an 8bit image, that i am using for the lighting. I'm kind of amazed it even worked!

I'm still working out how to make the masks, as it's pretty difficult to get them looking good. I think i'll just get better at it as i do them.

Also if all goes according to plan we'll be able to have custom masks!!!!

[Image: KqcBM3D.png]

You just need to make sure they are all the right size, and make sure that they have the correct tags in the name. Draw order is alphabetical, so that's what the number at the start is.

Quote: --[[
METHODS

LOCAL - Draw a solid.
BGLIGHT - the background with the light applied
BAMBIENT - the background with the ambient applied
BAMBIEN2 - the background with the ambient applied
GAMBIENT - For the ground colour local colour derived from the ambient
LEXTRA - HILLBILLY HDR
LAMBIENT -ambient 1 rendering + local
LAMBIEN2 -ambient2 rendering + local

]]
Those are the methods if you are curious. They are badly named so i'll have to rename them for readability. Though how i'm detecting the string names means i can't have a full name repeat with a second number on the end.

So one thing i am having trouble with is working just how much information to display in the swatches. These more advanced previews are showing a lot of complex colour interaction, but the swatches aren't quite showing that, especially in a high ambient scene like this example, where a lot of form is defined by ambient occlusion, and the shadow colors mixed with an ambient are still very bright.

Is having three ramps per material getting a bit rediculous?

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor! - by OtherMuzz - 07-06-2015, 08:08 AM