I hate drawing (not entirely)
Thanks for the tips guys, but before anyone else replies here let me add that it's not the process of trying to improve that is making me not enjoy art. Although trying to learn can be frustrating, I know that this is not the problem for me. I guess it's more of the subject matter. I haven't found something that truly interests me. I'm getting tired of knights, soldiers, battle scenes, monsters, ships, guns, tits, and ass. I no longer have an interest in contributing to the massive pile of new takes on each of these subjects. Maybe it's because I don't play video games anymore or watch sci-fi or fantasy movies. Who knows. The only thing that has kept me going was trying to get better. But studies and reading can only go so far.

I've been exploring different areas of illustration and painting, listening to classical music (it really helps me free my mind), and just exploring all kinds of different subjects and themes. I want to get out of the house more, but I'm kind of stuck in the middle of no where with nothing to do until I can movie back to Boston. No car, just a bike. I never want to own a car...but that's not important.

So I'll just keep exploring until I find something that pulls me. I'm still open for advice.

p.s not tryin to talk crap about sci-fi and fantasy themes, I just don't have anything to contribute. I enjoy other interpretations more. this may change later on, but right now, i dont care

Messages In This Thread
I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Frankie - 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by atrenr - 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Liberty - 10-23-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by DK - 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Laura_H - 10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Anmaril - 10-25-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Frankie - 10-25-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by dracken - 10-26-2012, 03:38 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Frankie - 10-26-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by dracken - 10-26-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: I hate drawing (not entirely) - by Frankie - 10-27-2012, 03:07 AM