The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Sorry for not posting in a while, life's got a bit hectic for me recently.

Riley Stark:Thanks for the advice on the gasmask guy, had'nt really thought much about what to do with the background it'd sorta just been a stand in but yeah I need to apply the lighting to it and darken it up a bit.

Thanks Hillbillyjoe

Okay got a new tv for my pc need to mess around with the settings a bit so some of my coloured work from here on might look a bit off.
Also started on the Level up assignments over on Conceptart, so far the vids themselves have been a tremendous help, the first ones composition 1.1 and colour and light 1.1 are free I believe and i'd really reccomend people check them out.
Anyway doing the composition ones first, we have to spend a minimum of 30 mins and a maximum of 1hour on these but I spent 30 more minutes on the first one because I got way to into the details straight away.
Basicaly we have to look for rhythm, emphasis, economy, variety and continuity in the pieces we study, i'm still pretty confused about continuity though as it seemed to be pretty much what I thought rhythm was meant to be.

Thinkin about redoing the Frazetta piece, had major trouble getting the values down correctly in time.
Aaand a quick Frazetta study for fun and some imagination doodles, used ref for them and the girl is a character from the tv show Kill-la-kill
(she's one of my new favorite psychopaths :D).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 03-17-2014, 01:00 AM