So...let's talk about Time Management
I've been meaning to make a thread like this for quite some time but, ironically, I couldn't find the time to properly write something meaningful. I've never written something like this before, I have no idea what may come of it and, as many know/are familar with, I'm the last person many want to hear any of this from. With all that in mind I'm not sure what to expect from a post like this...but since I don't see any posts about it on here OR on ConceptArt.org's forums (or DA, FA, Tumblr, facebook, myspace, friendster, wherever) it seems like a bit of a tragedy that such isn't touched upon. So...here we are.

The point I'm trying to make is after the TL;DR, so I quoted/formatted it so it can be skipped.

Quote:A little bit of backstory as to why I'm asking this, and hopefully something others can get out of this: I used to be a 'hardcore' raider in WoW, and while many people can say that they were that when I was doing it? I was in one of the 'top' raiding guilds in the world for a spell (and still talk to some of my raiding buddies from time to time) and time management was a large part in why were were 'sucessful'. Anything and everything we did to make sure that whatever time we had to the fullest (most had other jobs/duties to attend to, and one person missing out of the 10/25/40 trying to get something done was detrimental to everyone involved). From large scale time management (how many hours we would spend on a boss that/a night, or should spend before we call it if we make no progress, how that will affect he next day) to small scale stuff (2-5 minute dps rotation trials (using damage parsers) to squeeze every ounce of damage that can sequenced in such a short time, before a sort of reset occurs (when a cooldown ability comes off it's cooldown), how long a tank's effective health will last during a bosses 'frenzy' phase and when a defensive ability should used to mitigate it, how long a boss phase lasts and how mana needed to be managed. All within the span of a few minutes), me and my group and other similar raiding guilds at our level learned how important time and timing was to getting shit done. And a LOT of all that is just conventional wisdom.

To that end...Daggers? How do you manage your time? How should you be managing your time?

As a sidenote, I ask this looking over Dave's old drawing schedule.

Messages In This Thread
So...let's talk about Time Management - by Tyrus - 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: So...let's talk about Time Management - by Petyo - 06-01-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: So...let's talk about Time Management - by Petyo - 06-01-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: So...let's talk about Time Management - by Petyo - 06-01-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: So...let's talk about Time Management - by SpectreX - 06-05-2013, 05:16 AM