Does constructive critic really works?
When I first started posting my work online, I decided to try stick some things up on Concept Art. By god they tore me to shreds, the guys here are a bunch of kittens compared to the scathing crits some people back then would give, and you couldnt tell them to get stuffed because behind the veil of acid they were giving you gems of knowledge.

I'm of the opinion that harsh critique is good, especially for someone looking to get into any sort of work where your work is judged by a boss or client, they will tell you if it looks like shit. Hell if I'm critiquing someones work and I notice something off I will say it, and usually its pretty blunt because thats how I learnt, and I prefer people who critique my work don't hold back, why? Because if theyre busy trying to protect my feelings theyre not helping me learn.

Alot of begining artists have very thin skin about their work. but critique is invaluable, you cant see whats wrong with your work alot of the time because you've been working on it and youre ituned to the piece, you might get the feeling somethings off but if youre just starting out its not going to be apparent to you (this is also why everyone tells you to flip the canvas) critique helps you find those pieces that are weaker and work on them, and can give you invaluable direction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by SpectreX - 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by Vandall - 06-06-2013, 10:02 PM