2 years - Get better or die trying
Ohai friends !

First, answers :

@Darktiste : Good advice ! Already trying to apply that :) I try to identify the things I have trouble with as I go, and then try to work to get better. I don't really like list though, but sometimes it helps a lot !
Anyway, thanks for your feedback again, I used it ! :D

@mosqueira : Excel files are good ! I use one already to manage my money (Poor people's problems \o/ ) I agree with you, they are very useful :) I'll make one for this too and I'll probably post something more visual because I know how not fun it can be to read all the things I write ^^
Thanks a lot for sharing mate ! Greatly appreciated :D I hope I'll be able to give you something in return too !

Okay so I listened to your advices guys (again, thank you all for your feedback, it helped me a lot) and thanks to you, I was able to make something that I am quite happy with.
It's only text for now, but I'll probably update it with pictures and nice colors, because pictures are cool.

Here we go :

Daily schedule :
9am-10am:breakfast+morning workout
10am-10:30 : Internet tiem !
10:30 - 3pm : Draw
3pm : Food tiem !
3pm-10pm : Draw harder
10pm Food Tiem !
10pm-11pm : Workout
11pm-11:20 : Relaxing Shower
11:20-2am : Draw again !
2am-9am : Well deserved rest

Every week :
-Work on previouslsy identified weaknesses (lots of studies)
-Produce at least 1 finished "real work" (will help apply studies and identify weaknesses)
-At the end of the week, find weaknesses to work on the following week
-Realize I have made progress and get remotivated if needed

Every Month :
-Check what has been done, Aknowledge progress, get ready for more work and more progress

[Others]
-Eat healthy food
-Don't forget to work out !

By the end of 2013 : Anatomy must be known and I must start understanding light and colors.
I must also get better at proportions, perspective and forms of course.

Future :
Goals for year 2014 :
- Go out on a regular basis to study people/architecture/colors
- Anatomy must be mastered
- I Must be able to do gesture from real life
- I must have a much better understanding of colors and lights (I mean really better, like, very good)
- I must be able to start doing commissions (even small ones)

By 2015, I want to be in ImagineFX. That would be so awesome !
Also, I'm thinking about getting in a school but I'm not about that yet.

By 2016, I think I'll be good enough to start working on my personnal projects more seriously but I'll probably start earlier and just refine and add what I learned to make everything better.

Okay, so that's it I guess. I thought about it for the past few days and that's the best I got.
It might seem a little weird but I guess that's just how my mind works.
I tried to use your great feedback to make all that even better though, because it's really good to have some external opinion.
I'll certainly update this as I go, with new goals, cool graphics, and so on, so stay tuned !

Anyway, I'm still open to your opinion and advices if you think somethin could have been done otherwise !

(Sorry, again a huge post :X)

Messages In This Thread
2 years - Get better or die trying - by Samarus - 08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: 2 years - Get better or die trying - by Samarus - 08-30-2013, 06:34 AM