A pirate in love
(02-17-2014, 07:56 AM)Mike086 Wrote: Hey we did a Critique and Paintover on Livestream for you: http://youtu.be/ik0vhmEsDn8

Alright, so, I finished watching the video. Btw, feel free to just call me Gabe, since I'm sure I'll be posting more stuff around here, and the name, if you still feel like pronouncing it is pronounced "chiaoGabe", but no need to!

I was going with a different composition after I posted this one. Many of the stuff you guys mentioned was awesome. I had thought about the glowing of the eye as to add some kind of spell casting of some sort, but I never thought about the glowing of the siren. I also didn't think about not revealing her face, but it makes so much sense. After seeing this composition, there's no doubt in my mind that anything else (skulls or bones) have to be added to ensure the viewer that the young lad is in danger. I love the idea, and I'd like to develop it further.

I have been doing some studies on water, and several of the materials in the scene to make sure I would be able to render it, and I will look into the yacht pictures of the glowing water for reference there. The 3 sources of light I'm sure could be tough, but like you mentioned, would really pay off if done right.

If I decide to only use 2 sources, I could still paint the lamp, but make it as if it just has been blown off (the fire) and illustrate some smoke coming out if it (adding more magic to the siren).

Thanks guys!

Messages In This Thread
A pirate in love - by Xiaogabe - 02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: A pirate in love - by Psychotime - 02-11-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: A pirate in love - by Xiaogabe - 02-12-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: A pirate in love - by Cj_marsh - 02-17-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: A pirate in love - by Mike086 - 02-17-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: A pirate in love - by Xiaogabe - 02-18-2014, 04:39 AM
RE: A pirate in love - by Xiaogabe - 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: A pirate in love - by Xiaogabe - 02-17-2014, 06:29 PM