Help me become a Professional Artist
Naa I never measured anything like that. I would normally try to imagine a plum line from their head to the floor (sometimes I’d draw it on the ref if I was working from a photo) made it much easier to judge most of the big angels, then I just tried to construct the rest using idealised proportions (tweeking them a bit if I was feeling brave.) I think you’ll be fine just finding a method that works for you and gives you the level of accuracy that you are aiming for

A problem with choosing your own method though is that you are much more likely to repeat the same mistake over and over. The good thing about the measuring with a pencil method is that it is very mechanical, robotic process that almost eliminates guess work (it just because a matter of concentration) so if you can stomach doing it, it will really help you in avoiding building a habit of consistently making similar mistakes. Also as Adam say, it helps build up accurate instincts

Also will Eek out those last few percentage points of accuracy that you wouldn’t get from another method… if that is what you are after.

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 04-06-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Kir - 06-21-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 06-23-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Flo - 01-27-2016, 06:33 PM