Help me become a Professional Artist
@Adam and Joe i see, maybe ill keep doing the holding up the pen thing more often , as i still have a problem judging angles. doing it just enough then ditch it off and rely on instincts.

================
been juggling stuff recently, learning Unity , Zbrush and Drawing but im mostly drawing on my sketchbook, heres some of my studies on PS though:

Rule of thirds: total images 20
[Image: comp%201%20ctrl%20paint.jpg]

[Image: comp%202%20ctrl%20paint.jpg]

Gestures and figure stuff
[Image: gest.jpg]

[Image: gest2.jpg]

[Image: figure%20study%2031315.jpg]

[Image: hands.jpg]

[Image: Lesson2_Assignment%20assignment.jpg]

1 Hour studies prioritizing color (mostly from nathan fowkes)
[Image: schoolism%201%20hour.jpg]

[Image: schoolism%202%201%20hour.jpg]

[Image: schoolism%203.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

Misc
[Image: torso%20study.jpg]

Ok guys i need your help on this one. I Got the reference with me but i have difficulties in making a decent portrait painting out of it. some of my concerns are:

Color: trying to pick color is hard! how do you guys go about it? do you just open the color pick a color from the color picker and hope for the best? or do you guys have some palettes beforehand for more harmony in your colors?

Painting details : ie Hair , folds and the patterns on her dress. its too overwhelming, they said just dont copy it 1 to 1 and to just simplify it, Im not very sure as to how to go about that? can anyone provide some tips?

then again , this was kinda rushed. the drawing wasnt that solid at the beginning. because i wasnt aiming for the drawing and wanted to get to the painting and focus on it. getting kicked in the ass in the process.

[Image: myrcella.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 04-06-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by KurtJeremy - 04-19-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Kir - 06-21-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 06-23-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Flo - 01-27-2016, 06:33 PM