JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Keep at the drawing from imagination to back up your studies. The lines on those organic forms in particular are looking more steady - and the way you used them as a platform for your figures is an interesting idea! I've not seen it done before but it seems like a good way of developing comprehension of 3D space, as well as using what you learnt from Loomis.

One suggestion for imaginative works is try to draw right through the forms, as if you are sketching a wireframe. You are already doing well with the contours though. :)

You mentioned Sycra's hand versus eye video in an earlier post too (I'm presuming it is this one) - I really liked it myself because it helped me feel a lot better about, well, feeling bad about my work I suppose, because seeing my errors indicated steps in the right direction. When it came out, I wasn't aware of it, but it is similar to something called the 'Four Stages of Competance' in psychology. It relates to artists a lot, and in practise feels more like a continuum, so Sycra's take on it with the graph works well.

You seem to have a really good outlook regarding your studies though, so keep it up! It is hard pushing into imaginative work after doing a bunch of studies, but it will get easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by clockodile - 07-04-2014, 09:30 PM