Come In & Leave a Word - I'll do the same
Hi and welcome!
On losing motivation ... it really depends on the situation, why you are not motivated... you'll have to find out what works best for you and when. If it's just some kind of "duh, sleeping and procrastinating is nicer than working", you'll just have to force yourself or you'll never get anywhere :P But it is also important not to burn yourself out, so taking breaks, and allowing yourself to do something not painting related now and then without feeling bad is really important, too! What often helps me if I feel overwhelmed or too emotionally down to stick to my study schedule, is just paint or draw... whatever. Comfort zone stuff, paint whatever comes to my mind, experimenting without thinking about improvement or studying. Like that, I will still have done something 'useful' I can feel good about, but without pressure :)
Other than that, what was already mentioned is true as well - switching to another area of study can be really helpful as well. In the end you'll have to figure out what works best for you in which situation :)

About your studies: nice apple! :D If you're going to paint something like fruit I'd suggest you do it from life though - you'll learn more and can eat it afterwards :P

Keep it up! :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Come In & Leave a Word - I'll do the same - by Lyraina - 05-19-2014, 05:44 AM