Poll: Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, bring back the "like" button.
47.62%
10 47.62%
No, don't bring back the "like" button.
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bring back the "like" button on the forums?
Hmmm this is tough. When I first saw this thread, I voted yes before reading all the comments but now I'm not sure.... It's true that like can be a quick and dirty excuse to not comment, but I don't know, I don't think I ever did that. I liked all the comments my SB got, as a way to say thank you, and any really helpful or inspiring posts anywhere else. If I liked a post on someone else's SB, it usually was a way to say "dang I really like your work," in addition to making an actual comment. So for me, I enjoyed having the like button.

But if other people were doing that, it might entice them to make more meaningful comments, but chances are it won't. I'll admit that rep is a nice system, and perhaps now that likes are gone people will hand out rep more often. Personally, I only upped someone's rep if they were either really consistent in offering comments or if they really went out of their way to make a meaningful, helpful comment.

I agree with Adam and let's see how it goes for a few more weeks and see if comments do increase over that time. If they do, drops the likes.

Also off-topic, but when I was a member of CA, around 2011-ish, the sketchbooks were nuts. Sure, some had tons of comments but most had one or two for every five posts from the OP. And they were getting updated so often that you'd post some work and then it'd get pushed back to the second page within 24 hours. That's why I left, I thought the ratio of giving vs receiving was way off, and I think it's much more proportionate here. We have less people just posting their own work and that's all, I think more people are actually giving with at least a 1:1 ratio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring back the "like" button on the forums? - by ZombieChinchilla - 06-30-2015, 01:02 AM