New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor!
Thanks for the feedback!

Specularity stuff in here is something that seems like a great idea until you actually use this in a painting, it's just not necessary beyond giving you the specular colour.

"Because my personal preference with colour is to do it more intuitively on canvas, a tool like this as great as it is I'm not sure I would use very much in my process. Hard to say. I will have to give it a go with a painting soon and will post anything I do here for you."

Yeah that's just it. If you want to design that way that's fine, i don't expect this tool to be useful for everyone. Though for people like me and others i know, a tool like this just makes things soooo much easier to explain, and makes it easier to plan a large piece.

Also that tool... cool in theory, It's way to easy to get terrifying results though! I think the most shocking thing about all these tools people have been getting me to check out. They are all terribly programmed, with really crappy useability. It really just confirms that something like this is needed!

-----------------------------------------
Ok i just finished getting all this hooked up. All the code is properly setup to be object oriented now, all the text inputs work, and so do the hex panels.

Saving, and loading works now, and it will load the last save on load.

For saving and loading presets, and your own, i might just put a scene name input, and have a drop-down for saved presets.

I'm thinking that saving lighting and preset panels should be separate?

[Image: Eg5iHVV.png]

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor! - by OtherMuzz - 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM