Environment Design Mentorship call for interest
Greetings Amit, thanks so much for offering this! It's a great way to get into the teaching process and it's also very inclusive as you say, which is refreshing :)

And so I wonder if this course could help with my main issue. I'll try to explain. I have a few solid skills, which when put together could give the impression that I'm strong, but, I have ZERO draughtsman skills and I think because of that, I have almost no design sense. 

Examples of that here:

[Image: thumbs-set002s.jpg]

[Image: the-fog-people-1984_by_andy-walsh_1400px.jpg]

The top image I can do because there's nothing definite that requires any specific design. Second image is built in 3d with photos added. But... no photos and I'm stuck!

So all the courses and videos I've ever seen have assumed a degree of draughtsmanship and imagination and then talk about the process of design, totally skipping those key elements. I never see anyone touching upon that. It could be summed up as the process of getting from a blank page TO an idea, not starting out with the idea as though it's a given.

Anyway, all that to say, do you think you understand the issue and can help address that? I wonder if others feel the same way also.

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by stayinwonderland - 08-11-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by tutata - 08-12-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by sloppybrush - 08-12-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by Duhko - 08-13-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by anirudh_singh - 08-14-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by AnupDin - 08-15-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by MattDeMino - 08-28-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Environment Design Mentorship call for interest - by Ampersands - 08-29-2015, 03:23 AM