Photoshop lagging to all hell >.<
EDIT:

Summary (putting all the relevent info from the thread here in case someone else has a lag problem you can find it all up here)

1) Scratchdisks: make sure you have enough free space! Also, SSD's are not good to use for scratchdisk. They make things slow down a lot, and it will lower the lifetime of your SSD by constantly writing data.

2) Play with cache preferences

3) Reduce number of 'Undo' states to be saved

(original message below)

I got a new pc laptop a while back, 8gb of ram, i5 processor, 64 bit windows 10, photoshop CC, Wacom Intuos.

Seems like everything should run fine but photoshop just lags like crazy. I use the Lazy Nezumi plugin, which causes more lag but even without it it's just such a grind to draw and paint... if I make strokes too quickly (hatching or something) this thick black line just appears on my screen. I had to disable all the open GL stuff so no rotating or graphic colour eyedropper since if I use that the whole program just hangs for 30 seconds.

I'm sure my system should be able to handle photoshop. It happens on big and small canvases, with big and small brushes. It happens if I am working on just the background layer or if I have many layers.

I am sure there are some settings somewhere I can do to make it work right... anyone have any ideas or experiencing similar problems, or a link to some thread that gives some options to try? (I've googled the problem but end up with stuff that hasn't worked)

Thanks for any help!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by JyonnyNovice - 12-30-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by meat - 01-27-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by Flow - 01-29-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: Photoshop lagging to all hell >.< - by meat - 01-30-2016, 01:06 AM