A Wild Amateur Artist Appears!
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Alopex :).

Sounds like I've had a similar relationship with art as you have - I did art when I was at school but then dropped it to find work in other fields but I always keep coming back to art. I'm 43 now and have finally started taking my art more seriously but still making sure I enjoy the journey :).

Well done for taking the plunge and overcoming the fear or stepping in here - there are indeed some artists of phenomenal skill on here but I think what's important is that each individual makes their own journey and enjoys making their own art whatever level they are at. From my own experience, this forum is a great place to do just that.

You've picked up one of the best books you can get in my opinion with the Andrew Loomis one - if you work through that steadily and carefully it will get you a long way!

I also recommend Proko's YouTube channel for figure drawing since is has quality content and is free!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV

Good luck and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
A Wild Amateur Artist Appears! - by Alopex - 01-09-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: A Wild Amateur Artist Appears! - by Artloader - 01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: A Wild Amateur Artist Appears! - by John - 01-09-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: A Wild Amateur Artist Appears! - by Alopex - 01-10-2017, 07:36 AM