svc sketchbook
Welcome to the forum svc! For only 2 years of work and limited practice time it looks like you've advanced a good deal (especially compared to myself at that stage, LOL).

THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS ARE ONLY MY OPINION. YOU MAY DISAGREE AND OTHER MEMBERS MAY HAVE BETTER ADVICE.

If you want to paint, then paint. To some extent, painting improves drawing, and vice versa. But, since you're pressed for time, and as you've probably suspected already, sticking with drawing for now WOULD be faster for improving certain deficiencies. For example, in that portrait study you posted, there's some tilts and curves that aren't right (mainly in the neck and eyes), which would be more immediately obvious if you had done the study with lines, and you could make multiple attempts in the same amount of time that a painted study would require.

According to Frank Frazetta, you can learn all the anatomy you need through observation and by spending a single night on copying all of the drawings in an anatomy book or two. That might only work if you're Frank, but that's something to keep in mind for your time-pressed study sessions, LOL.

Let us know what books and resources you're working with. I see a circle of view in that perspective image; have you been looking at handprint.com?

Messages In This Thread
svc sketchbook - by svc - 05-14-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 05-14-2020, 10:58 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by chubby_cat - 05-14-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-14-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 05-14-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: svc sketchbook - by svc - 05-15-2020, 09:19 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 05-15-2020, 11:07 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-15-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: svc sketchbook - by svc - 05-17-2020, 04:43 AM