Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook
30sec gesture are really the basis of finding the line of action and i don't see any of that.The line of action doesn't describe a volume nor does it separate the body into two equal part.I would say it more related to weight balance and the action of the spine to some extent not that it a line that strictly stick to it.I recommend looking at artist demo to get an idea it surely abstract to an extend when you don't understand balance yet.Like for example which leg act as the weight supporting leg.Think of it as an observation of momentum and weight distribution observe how every limb act to find the ''equilibrium'' or center the more weight shift to one side the more bending you will observe to support ''pull back that weight'' or if you prefer tension.

Edit* also don't forget that if the figure is sitted or on the ground or using an support like a cane or resting against a wall those principle still apply but now some of the weight is supported by a surface which mean less of the weight is active in the gesture it hard to simplify to a formule but it really a question of observing what on one side of that action line and what on the other.Asking question like is the foot anchor down or is it only partially in contact with a surface or is the foot lifted from the ground by answering those question you then ask yourself what is countering that new finding you made.The answers is generally not a simple straight foward this limb counter act this limb since it more like stacking a bunch of ''sack'' pull by rope if i can use that image.

In the longer gesture you are looking for that stretching and bending indication and the overlapping the form i personally would not call anything beyond 5min gesture anymore specially if you start to introduce value or basic form it can become confusion as to what where the initial intent.

Here a video suggestion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca32fpXjFTw

But if you need some real advise on gesture i guess you can really dive into thise crimson daggers sketchbook it not really that he share is process that much but you get example and you can probably ask him about it anyways so why not https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8751.html

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Zorrentos - 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 01-03-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-10-2021, 06:36 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Jephyr - 02-05-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-19-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 01-16-2023, 03:55 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-03-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 02-03-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 03-01-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 11-01-2023, 03:36 PM