Goals for 2021
I'd like to get my form better, render objects in space better, and understand color better.

Form wise I've been getting my chicken scratch under control, but more so understanding the shapes that the human figure is made up of. Arms and hands bug me out, though I feel like it's been clicking lately - I'll post my studies tomorrow on those.

I absolutely love machine making and I have a very hard time making the shapes dynamic and believable in their space. I think it's amazing how people can make all those wires and buttons without it being lost in the rest of the image, which is something I'd like to achieve in my own art. See Nikolay Georgiev for some great shit. 

There's also being able to translate space in a perspective, to get across the thickness of your walls, to show how high or wide your room is - also something for me to study.

I've thought about doing Draw-A-Box, though I'll be honest and say it seems intimidating. However I'm finding more and more in my own art that it would be more good than harm. Worse case scenario I get burnt out.

Lastly, color-wise - I'm not great with colored pencils, my values tend to get muddy when shading and honestly I blow when it comes to color schemes. I always stick with split complimentary or monochromatic, so I'd like to get out of my comfort zone with that.

I saw in another thread about making a "dream portfolio", and that sounds like a good idea. I'll upload more to my book later tomorrow.

Is there any similar to COW here?

Messages In This Thread
Goals for 2021 - by typhoneus - 01-03-2021, 10:40 AM
RE: Goals for 2021 - by Artloader - 01-04-2021, 02:40 AM
RE: Goals for 2021 - by typhoneus - 01-04-2021, 03:10 AM
RE: Goals for 2021 - by Artloader - 01-04-2021, 04:37 AM
RE: Goals for 2021 - by chubby_cat - 01-04-2021, 11:11 AM