Maggot's sketchbook
I don't totally agree with not setting expectation visualizing your path is necessary failure is necessary the biggest failure is actually no failing at anything and making circle.But i want to highlight something you need to sometime fail small and sometime fail big for example let say you fail a test and than you fail and exam.Now let make a art example you draw a small black and white sketch vs a fully colored drawing.

Failure contain information if your scared of knowing more than you did previous it must be a really tough life.Information is suppose to make life easier not harder but with information come responsabiliy and with responsability come courage and discipline.

Here an exercise to be fearlessly courageous it called automatic draw basically you do random shape and you try to visualize something out of those line and if you don't see anything well you just try to draw whatever even if it random but you try to give it volume.You can also draw over people face in magazine it help making drawing fun you can than try to turn them into caricature afterward if that your thing.You should probably also look at the automatism artist movement .In art, automatism refers to creating art without conscious thought this lift the pressure of expectation atleast at the begin but you don't follow exactly this but rather going from conscious to inconsicous decision making a different stage of the drawing.Anyways that can be useful if you have what generally refer to as the blank page syndrome.

Here a great video by proko and marshall vanduff on how to fail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV_qJ-3qNZM

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-09-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by Tank Rat - 09-10-2021, 04:02 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-10-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-11-2021, 01:25 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-11-2021, 02:08 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-11-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-12-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-17-2021, 12:17 AM