Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain
My take on Ai is that we are more than ever empowered to engage in self expression as less artist will be necessary to make an movie,video game in the larger production so those who are there to speak for someone else will have to find there own personal voice.The problem is that it become more acessible this mean that the quality of idea become the dividing factor between good and bad. Artist are called more than ever to express what it is to be human and to be authentic version of themselve by going out into the world and creating human connection throught were image at convention at art exposition etc

A focus on Storytelling with an understanding of what unique perspective you bring to the table is part of how you can think of new interesting visual to bring to a public.A Ai doesn't know what cool you have to tell it.
The Ai art is very good a pleasing everyone but it doesn't do so in a very sucessful way i find there that digital perfection quality to what is spew out by the Ai that just synthetic and i think maybe it just that i didn't play with it as much as should have but it seem to leak facial expression or it not something i have taken a good look at but that my impression.

Now as to how i intend to go after i finish the two last prompt i had in mind to try some interesting feature in the Ai program called outpainting  that will turn those simple visual into bigger version of those image obviously i would like to see how far i can thinker with a idea will pushing and pulling to retaining certain quality i want to showcase without being force elsewhere by a leak of control due to the random factor of the ai.

I am not going to pretend like i can draw good character in a illustrative way we all know how i done it so far since i let the cat out on this one as to how much pride i get out of this i cannot very much quantify it as i understand that it scrap artist work to spew the result.How much pride do you get out of photobashing that a bit of a similar question.Photobashing require a certain deal of skill and so is doing copy of artist but the problem of Ai is that you are rob of the technical skill you showcase because it become your tool a tool that doesn't do what you tell it to do but interpret it.But like any tool i don't believe that it require no skill it might require less time to learn but it still a tool that anyone can be proud to use.I think the extend of how you can be proud depend on how much you steal from yourself rather than what you steal from other but ultimately i don't believe as artist that we do not steal good artist are artist who steal tastefully and from different source to an extend where no original work end up taking away someone else ability to make a living.When we go to domain to get free image for reference we are allowed to steal because we have the consent of a photographer the problem is that it not that people generally do not consent to there work being use it how it use and how hurtful it can be to them and how much it affect them in the end.Does someone is hurt when you steal a penny from him?Well if it is only penny yes but in the case that he rich beyond measure he probably doesn't bat an eye.Obviously if everyone take a penny from him that going to hurt him eventually.I think stealing is mostly about giving back that how i want people to see it as.May it be just giving a small % of the revenue generated to people who have inspired the work or to a cause they want to support or crediting them or to add a link to there store as a fair gesture i think there way to steal with dignity and respect for other and to generally do so in a way that can benefit more than wereselve. But it mostly about asking those people in private before anything is show how the feel and to what extend they would allow the work to be move into the world after you did it if they do not like it to understand that we have to put artist first.Obviously you probably won't be able to reach super famous people so it not as easy as i make it sound.If you do something make sure you change something we have enough unoriginality in this world.

Playing with Ai to me is like a game of telephone you say something but it never going to pick your brain and do what you have in your head it more of a conversation that evolve a bit like the process of brainstorming the more you have put in the more you have to play with the more you can add or take away.I don't think of Ai as a click and it done thing it more like a window into option a bit like thumbnailling then you settling down on idea from all the generated image you combine them into a more polish version it the invidualistic choose that you make that become your artistic voice it a bit less about your personal touch in the technical aspect such as how you use brush or what color you choose those thing can very much still be part of the experience if that how you feel compele to share your personal voice it depend some are very artistic and want a hand in every aspect of the process and some other are more than willing to collaborate with Ai even if they don't understand how they get the result what count to them is the result and less in process.

As for what aspect of drawing i want to bring in i think more than ever it about taking all the technic i have learn and using them to fill the gap i see not doing so much of the heavy lifting because my primary love isn't necessary the process of image making for me but the visual conversation that happen between the in conscious and conscious mind. Finding what emotion i want people to feel when they look at my work and what part of me i can put inside those visual creation.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Pubic Enemy - 06-09-2023, 02:06 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-09-2023, 02:41 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-09-2023, 06:00 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-10-2023, 08:18 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-14-2023, 02:22 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-17-2023, 04:11 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-18-2023, 07:51 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-21-2023, 03:44 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by darktiste - 06-21-2023, 11:01 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-23-2023, 01:17 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #45 - Super Villain - by Lege1 - 06-25-2023, 10:54 AM