Lizardman's art journey to glory!
I think right now your biggest issue is the hatching is done on multiple pass in some kind of second think it i would say it mainly due to a matter of not understanding how to create a value gradation with hatching and going over again to try and adjust the value.Right now there a problem of your texture reading as both shading and texture.Right now your hair show that you don't understand how to approach drawing hair there contradicting flow that make the hair mass ready as being flat in certain spot where they instead follow the form of the head.But the biggest issue is in the beard the hatching is all over the place and you can't necessarily tell if he having a bad beard day or if it some shading.

I recommend you do some master study on the subject of hatching to improve your hatching.But i also suggest you try to only map the value change you can observe on a face.I feel that overall there not enough value change and understand how to properly render hatching to help you form read as being 3d.You do like i use to when i knew not much about value staying with a uniform mid range value and sometime a small hit of black on the eye.You need to go from a 3 tone thinking to a 5 tone thinking.But try to nail the 3 tone thinking first.This mean simplifying the value range into 3 step imagine a 33% light grey and a 66% mid grey and a 99% dark grey as your darkest value.Once you can accurately see those grey inside a gray scale you can start to blend .

Here you can observe a 6 tone grade scale with no blending as an example of what i mean by value gradation.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Izzual - 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by darktiste - 11-16-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 11-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by wld.89 - 12-11-2020, 05:31 AM