Harbinger's House of Sausage
(01-11-2018, 02:00 AM)Fedodika Wrote: hey man i really like this latest piece; i mean the concept and the color and solidity is very nice... I just think what you're doing is a bit of a cop out for learning how to draw the things properly. The face is like you know, a circle and two dots, and seeing the study of the eyepatch dude i can tell your facial structure can use some work. But yes the edges and color are beautiful but that wont save it from the inherent structure/proportion issues it has. 

It seems you've taken a love for the rendering to which i can relate... I will give you a warning that it can end up wasting a lot of your time as you develop because you'll be trying to save a lackluster drawing by using paint and color to disguise the mistakes. I think you'd benefit and grow much quicker if you stopped trying to render for a good while and just focus on making solid and appealing drawings. 

If you wanna hop to painting right away, thats gonna be a problem in the long run, try to make something sell with just line or two values tops... best of luck my friend!

I appreciate your concern, granted, the "eyepatch dude" (Snake Plissken) and what I have posted recently are two years apart (for better or worse).

You are correct though, there was no draft behind either of these pieces. My process now tends to revolve around building shapes and sculpting things out more than relying on the initial sketch, which is not a habit that I encourage at all. I've done my fair share of drawings outside of the digital medium and often times I will hearken back to them if I am struggling with something. I'll post something when I can get a proper scanner because they are fun, but phone pics don't really do them justice. But I really, really like sculpting things out and I am considering giving 3D/clay a bat. I will more than likely start posting drawings though, despite the fact that I hate sketching in just about every art software I have ever tried - as it seems like a good thing to do between pieces.

Here's a WIP for posterity. Wasn't much of a draft behind this one either, but it reveals a bit of what I tend to do when trying to build something from shapes. Not much of a clean read on the central figure and I really want something in the foreground, but I'll keep you guys updated for the fact that I want to tackle a lot of things in this one. To make it a lot more than just a monster emerging from black. Things like gossamer materials, flowing cloth, facial expressions, etc.

Goodluck right back atcha mayne and keep up the good work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by MrKanti - 04-24-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by Budgie - 04-24-2013, 03:06 AM
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by Adam Lina - 11-29-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by darktiste - 12-07-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by smrr - 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Journey of a Shitlord (nsfw) - by Adam Lina - 01-26-2014, 01:03 AM
RE: Harbinger's House of Sausage - by vymnis - 12-30-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Harbinger's House of Sausage - by Adam Lina - 01-05-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Harbinger's House of Sausage - by Fedodika - 01-11-2018, 02:00 AM
RE: Harbinger's House of Sausage - by HarbingerofIllRepute - 01-11-2018, 10:58 PM
RE: Harbinger's House of Sausage - by Fedodika - 01-12-2018, 01:08 AM