The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Thanks a ton for the crit dude, I really appreciate it, I did start off with simplification but I think it's the perspective that i'm not getting.

So I started the piece again, really trying to make sure everything works fine before I work too much on it.
Having a few issues though for one, I'm confused how to go about the proportions I broke down the proportions of her character however I've always had trouble figuring them out for sitting poses since unless you're sitting straight up your ribcage and pelvis are leaning towards eachother more, I'm thinking of drawing a full profile view of her proportions and then tilting them from there to see if I can figure it out however I wanted to ask first if there's some sorta formula or good estimate for it.

Other big issues i'm having is that i can't figure out how to draw an object that's going over the horizon line but also tilting towards the viewer, it's probably simple but I can't seem to wrap my head around it, all my attempts seem to make it look extremely weird.

I think I need to practice more sitting poses, will do tommorow, also noticed i'm having issues identifying landmarks on models and placing them in perspective, I've decided i'm gonna focus exclusively on anatomy and figure drawing till I get good at it now, I don't feel like i've made much progress with it at all compared to my portraits which is a problem since I really want to do characters XD.
I've been kinda avoiding them as well due to how crap I feel about them, gonna try and teach myself to not get so much anxiety over them.

Also did some gestures of people in motion watched some youtube vids of people dancing or running, and a small bit of fanart of Emi(best girl!) from Katawa Shoujo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 02-11-2017, 07:44 AM