The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Cheers dude! that should come in helpful, and yeah i'm hoping studying it like this will be really helpful, the idea Krenz has is that if you can figure out the general rotations of an object like what i'm doing with the cube here, then you can basically just draw it from any angle and never have to study it again barring anatomy knowledge, I don't think it's as easy as that myself but i'm hoping it'll simplify perspective drawing a lot easier for me.

Ok I realized halfway through this first cube diagram what i was doing wrong, I hadn't really been thinking of the difference between actually tilting a cube and simply changing the viewpoint of the cube, which explains why I couldn't fit it into a square like Krenz was in his studies.
That being said I was still having hell with these, for the other one I simply tried drawing a cube from different viewpoints but I need to practice tilting it as well again soon.

Aside from that I did some museum studies which were fun, turned out well and fuck I actually learned something about history who'd have thought :P.
Figure studies with the robobean which I clearly need more practice with and lastly did a pinup piece of midna [Image: raw]
Fancied trying my hand at something like this, hadn't done so before due to my crappy anatomy knowledge, was fun to draw and bonus, she doesn't look like she took a hammer to the face! XD.
Also gonna try painting simplistically like this for a while, I'm gonna avoid proper painting until my drawing skills have improved given how far behind my perspective and anatomy is, plus I like coloring this way so I'll see where it takes me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 03-14-2017, 09:36 AM