The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
I'm back guys! had a lot of fun in Greece, didn't do too much drawing though and it's mainly doodles so I won't bother posting.

RickRichards: Thanks mate, I did a proportion chart here though tbh I'm not sure how to study proportions, I have the basic skeleton proportions here http://www.proko.com/wp-content/uploads/...rt-800.jpg blu tacked to my wall and i've memorized them(same for the head) but I've got no idea how to make use of them or how to study them further barring memorization.
I don't like drawing in realistic proportions and I've got no clue what rules can and cannot be broken to make it fit well in a more anime ish or cartoony style, barring maybe studying other artists.
I also do have an issue with drawing proportions in 3/4 as well though, so I'll try and draw one of those tommorow, I've noticed i have issues even with the torso in 3/4 view, trying to figure out where the shoulder ends in both width and height and the shape of the ribcage are a massive pain.

I'm gonna skip past studying the back torso muscles for the time being, I was trying to go through proko linearly but godamn my legs are terrible and have been for a long time haha, so gonna study them starting tommorow.

Also almost done with the lineart on the Sucy piece, one thing that is really bugging me though is that I can't get the hands looking right, I want them to be more slenderish but I can't seem to get them looking correct in these poses and with the foreshortening, it's frustrating the hell out of me, I probably spent a good 40 mins just redrawing one of them alone [Image: giphy.gif]

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM