The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Ah gotcha, I'll try remembering to draw the horizon line(or an estimate of one) before I draw anything, that tends to keep my mind more on perspective.

Measuring proportions is something I used to and still do somewhat struggle with, especially with the traditional ways such as holding your pencil up hurting my arm quite a lot.
I've found the best way to do so though is to estimate it first then do one of those measuring techniques, I feel this is improving my eye much faster then simply measuring with a pencil because it's forcing me to actually pay attention to whats happening and not just what the measurements(Which always have a big chance of being off) are telling me.
Measuring's good but it is not completely reliable no matter how much you do it and our eye can estimate proportions better then we think it can especially on smaller details.
I think training the eye is a much more valuable skill then trying to measure everything completely perfectly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 02-10-2018, 06:49 PM