The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Fairly big update, I bought Proko's figure drawing and portrait series so i'm gonna be going over alot of anatomy next month, that and hopefully some clothing studies. Aside from just learning about folds and drawing clothes onto characters does anyone know any good practices for learning how to draw clothing?

Firstly some sketches i did at a castle last Sunday, they had some jousting going on so I tried to quickly sketch the people on horseback.

Drew some feet from ref and then drew each of them again from memory straight after.

Also tried drawing this once from ref and again from memory, don't know why I had so much trouble with the legs here, especially the right one.

some random head studies

Some gestures after watchin proko's gesture vids

Some imagination sketchin I did during the last Chiustream, finding myself trying to draw alot of anime recently, I usually try drawing realism(with horrific results XD) so it's nice to switch it up a bit and draw more exaggerated.
On a different note, I fuckin love these pens, used to have some of them before but I completely forgot how much I love these things.

A drawing of a pissed of lookin peter capaldi I did after the doctor who premiere, drew him way to bug eyed XD, i'm redoing this in photoshop actually, thought it'd make a good value study.

And some slight more work on this peice, it's based on this scene
http://wallbot.net/walls/preview/3580.jpg
from Katawa shoujo but I did'nt want to just straight up copy it so I took the scene and changed it.
Also need to get rid of that canvas on the right side, thought I needed somethin on that side so I added it but it just looks weird to me.

Also some more charcoal still lifes, I think these are coming out pretty bad, finding myself focusing more on just figuring out how to use the charcoal effectively then actually paying attention to the value, Hopefully i'll be able to get a better grasp of it soon so I can focus more on them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 08-30-2014, 07:59 PM