The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Eduardo:Yeah I should try painting the other katawa characters at some point but rin is really fun to paint for some reason. yeah clothing looks a bit stiff now, I think all the lasso tooling messed it up a bit, I accidently moved most of the piece to the same layer which makes it more difficult :/.
Yeah i'm terrible at hair as well XD, it seems painting it in anime is generally the same as regular hair painting, just  blocking it in then working from large to small.

Mylqin:Yeah you nailed it about the skull XD, it's so weird how small the eyes are in comparison to the socket.
About the rin piece, I kinda rushed the lower half of the body as I had no intention of painting that part, it'd also been a while since i'd done linework so it was frustrating the hell out of me just trying to get the lines down, honestly I probbly should've just cut off most of the bottom half and just painted the head and shoulders instead, would've saved alot of time and frustration XD.
yeah it's the moon, the bloodborne piece's lighting is confusing me a bit, as most of it is in shadow i'm finding it hard to figure out what should be the darkest to lightest of them shadows, I figure there'd be some bounce light from the moon as well though, and yep needs more contrast.
Yeah i've wanted to do material studies for a while but did'nt know how to aproach them, I feel these ones are pretty bad but i've given them a shot atleast, i'll try to do more of them.

Not much to show aside from this, been away looking after a freinds house for a few days, also my tablet broke :/ luckily I remembered I had a spare one though so thank god it's fine because I cannot afford a new one atm.

I might retry these painting them by hand without using textures, kinda just added the lighting and put the texture on top, though that last one did teach me a bit about using smart objects which should be helpful at some point, did'nt really feel like I learned much from them though. if the writing is too small it's leather, skin then cloth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by natori - 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!! - by Triggerpigking - 07-06-2015, 01:47 AM