Does constructive critic really works?
Hmm, I think a bunch of good info is being thrown around in here.

One thing that i think that is super important that i haven't seen mentioned in here though is the approach that the artist posting should have to self criticism.

In my experience, the problem that most beginners have is that a lot of people will post things that they have the skills and know-how to already do! Most people have a higher technical than a practical knoledge. So to receive a criticism for something you already know you should have done can be the most heart breaking. the feeling of "DAMMIT I ALREADY KNOW THAT!!!" can be pretty strong.

My advice to beginners and this is something i do. Grab a drawing you are proud of. Now grab a pad and paper, and list every little thing you could have done better, doesn't matter how big or small. I guarantee the list will be far bigger than you expect it to be.

Now go back and work through that list and fix everything on that list. If you are having trouble with fixing one thing, now you have something to ask methods for from others.

Once that list is at zero, and you posted something, you are at the limits of your knoledge about how to make that piece better and any feedback you receive should be things you don't know!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by SpectreX - 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by OtherMuzz - 06-20-2013, 12:08 PM