environment crit
At the moment there are perspective errors that are confusing my eyes. The view seems to be going in AND down AND up at the same time. Try using the perspective to go upwards towards your focal point (which I am assuming is the skycastle ). Also the compositional weight feels heavy on the left, whereas there is just desert on the right. I attached a quick paint over a a suggestion...still needs some work though. So I suggest going through some thumbs first to get the composition correct.

Also, you should take a look at reference photos of the desert regions for better idea of how the mountains/valleys/etc look. Right now you have a contrast in the soft mountain forms and the squarish rock formations of the foreground canyon-esque wall. Try to make them work together more.

Color wise there is way too much saturation going on here. Do not forget the rules of atmospheric perspective in that as the viewing plane recedes the saturation of color will go down significantly (and in some instances to greyscale). The sky in particular is VERY saturated and could use some greys in there.

There is more but I think you have a bunch of things to work on from here :)

And by no means is my paint over how the final should look...just a suggestion to think about the flow of forms for the eye to move easier in the piece.

-TeT-

Attached Files Image(s)

Keep your dream alive, feed it daily!

SB thread http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3551.html

Messages In This Thread
environment crit - by babix - 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: environment crit - by Tetsuo - 07-11-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: environment crit - by babix - 07-11-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: environment crit - by Tetsuo - 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: environment crit - by babix - 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM