Spreading too thin or gaining valuable experience?
read, listen, draw and learn. Do anything to keep yourself motivated you have huge source - internet.

I've similar experience, to work as an artist in my country I also had to have broad knowledge from design, printing and publishing through 3d and animation to illustration that I love the most. Having a broad experience will not hurt your main passion. I feared on one point that focusing on something different than illustration will stop my development but in retrospection I was still improving.

If you feel that you are exhausted make some break and enjoy it. You don't need only to draw to improve, read a book, listen to podcast about art, watch tutorials. Organize your time to perfection. Doing same things at same hour everyday will make you feel less tired. 50 hour a week is a lot so don't punish yourself for not being able to work much on your own stuff. Take advantage of any opportunity that show up :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spreading too thin or gaining valuable experience? - by Madzia - 08-02-2013, 04:20 AM